Friday, July 30, 2010

inspiration journal...

Do you have one? An inspiration journal I mean... I have many. And all for different subjects! Gardening, interior decorating, fashion, hopes and dreams, faith, etc... I have binders and journals and books all full of photos, scribbles, notes etc strewn madly about our house. Today I have chosen some pages from my interior decorating inspiration journal. The pages are filled with pieces of furniture I love, colors I love and DIY projects that I absolutely love... cuz who has money to actually fill their house with all the items they see in a magazine? I'd much rather make my own! Anyways, my mom always said, the fun is in the planning... and I would have to agree with her. I have so much fun ripping pages out of magazines and then choosing what other pictures they would look good with to put in my journal. Here are a few excerpts...


I think I have color issues some time. I can never seem to pick one pallet that I really really love. I love them all and wish I could just mix them all together! These are a few of my faves. Also some DIY projects in their too.. including wall papered clip boards, jean/fabric pin cushions and framed photos that are framed on a manilla tag piece of paper with a plastic sheath over top! I also love love love love love built in book cases... maybe one day... ahem ahem Todd Smith.

Also thought I'd share some of my own DIY's that I have managed to get done amongst changing diapers, building blocks, playing trains and watching Curious George.



This first one is some old frames that I collected from around my house and my mom's house... and painted white. Haven't filled them all yet. I am thinking of newer family photos as a theme... and some close ups of our baby boy.


This spot is reserved... :D I have reserved this spot for another picture frame collage/vignette. The theme? Well I'm thinking wooden frames with an antique stain. And then as far as photos go... I have been raiding my mom's old photos of our family. I love old photos! I love the way they are usually tinged... like blue/green or yellow/brown. So vintage. So I will be scouring thrift stores for some good deals on old frames to fill this wide open space. The world is my oyster! Well that's it for now. We're off on a Vacation for two weeks! hoorah! toodles.

5 comments:

  1. Love this post! I have big plans for our house as well...someday. I am sure you will give me more once you are here too! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...hey one way of tying vingettes together is ...same colour frames plus same color inside...like either all colour or all sypia...or all black and white...you get it!...love the frames!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the frame wall..love. Hmmm....maybe some new family photos could be taken when you're out???

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and I are so much alike, I did a post a while back about my love for my inspiration journal's, ripping out magazine pictures and cutting and pasting.....LOVE! I also did the same picture frame montage too, trying to decide if I should paint the frames white of flat black....hmmmm

    ReplyDelete